Sunday, November 9, 2014

Who am I and why am I here?

Who am I?

I'm just a guy trying to make his way through the world. I am a nerd. I am passionate about seeing other people be passionate. I am trying to make sure that when I leave this world, it's left in a better condition than I found it in. I am a martial artist. I am a professional. I refuse to compromise who I am for the arbitrary demands of others. I am free.

Why am I here?

Why are any of us here? I think that when most people ask themselves this question, they do so with a somewhat arrogant point of view. I think it is arrogant to believe that one is predetermined to serve some purpose. We decide our purpose, as human beings, as inhabitants of nature. All I want is to make it through life with my happiness and do what I can to help others achieve the same thing along the way. If I am to have a purpose, then that is the one I've chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment